As we get ready for the biggest AH-HA Moment, EASTER, let us remind each other that the Lord’s AH-HA Moments do not only come to us through events, activities, or thoughts but also through the conversations, ideas, and dialogues that we are blessed to have with those around us. Here is a sampling of some “AH-HA Moments” that have come to me recently through the words and wisdom of others:
- “The new frontier is Longevity! Longevity is getting longer!”
- “Sitting is the new smoking! Get up and move that body!”
- “The means by which we live have outdistanced the ends for which we live. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided leaders.”
- “If you’re not angry at something you are either a stone or too sick to be angry. Be angry, but don’t be bitter. Bitter is like a cancer. It eats you up. So use your anger – write it- paint it – dance it – vote it. Never stop talking about it.”
- “I look at my face in the mirror, and I like being old. It also proves that the Lord really does have a sense of humor!”
- “Always acknowledge your faults. This will throw those in authority off their guard and it will also give you an opportunity to commit more.”
- “Take more time LISTENING to people rather than TALKING to people. It is amazing how much more we will learn. It is hard to hear anything new just listening to ourselves! The quieter we become, the more we can hear.”
- “As we age, it is good to focus on Memory, Relationships, Gratitude, Acceptance, and Diminishment.”
- “We don’t see things as they are, we see things as we are.”
- “When you love what you have, you have everything you need.”
And now it’s your turn to write down those AH-HA Messages that you hear from people around you. Make a list. Add to it. Hang it on the Frig. Tell others about your AH-HA Moments, each day!
See you at the Cross and the Empty Tomb …the best AH-HA Moment of them all!