This is a place to encourage one another, through words and ideas and questions and support ….all in the name of our Lord Who is the Encourager of us all! We encourage you to be an EncourAGEr also!
HOORAY FOR AUGUST!
Did you know that the word AUGUST means ”RESPECTED” and “IMPRESSIVE”? Me neither! So what can we do to respect this month and show others how impressive we are of August, as well as the other eleven months that the Lord gives us as gifts? For starters, here are 8 suggestions, in honor of the 8th month of the year, good old AUGUST!
- Go HUG a child – and smile a great big grin!
- LAUGH out loud – and then look around and see the reaction of others! Be prepared to explain your laughter!
- TELL someone really close to you that you love them – and tell them why!
- GREET an older adult by saying, “My, you’re aging gracefully!”
- SING a favorite song to yourself – and to anyone else who will listen!
- PRAY for someone by name today – perhaps even someone who you do not feel so good about right now.
- READ the morning paper while at the same time checking out portions of scripture that may apply to today’s news. How might you respond accordingly?
- Be a carrier of HOPE to someone today – in the name of Jesus!
Have an august AUGUST as we respect others and continue to be impressed by God’s love for us –whether or not we do the 8 items listed above!