This is a place to encourage one another, through words and ideas and questions and support ….all in the name of our Lord Who is the Encourager of us all! We encourage you to be an EncourAGEr also!
TWELVE QUOTES OF CHRISTMAS
1. “Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us – a time when we can look back on the year that has passed and prepare for the year ahead.“ David Cameron
2. “Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice.” Dave Barry
3. “Don’t let the past steal your present. This is the message of Christmas: We are never alone.” Taylor Caldwell
4. “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.” Andy Rooney
5. “Christmas is a tonic for our souls. It moves us to think of others rather than of ourselves. It directs our thoughts to giving.” B. C. Forbes
6. “Mail your packages early so the post office can lose them in time for Christmas.” Johnny Carson
7. “The thing about Christmas is that it almost doesn’t matter what mood you’re in or what kind of a year you’ve had – it’s a fresh start.” Kelly Clarkson
8. “Christmas makes me happy no matter what time of year it comes around.” Bryan White
9. “I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included.” Bernard Manning
10. “I wrapped my Christmas presents early this year, but I used the wrong paper. See, the paper I used said ‘Happy Birthday’ on it. I didn’t want to waste it so I just wrote ‘Jesus’ on it.” Demetri Martin
11. “Want to keep Christ in Christmas? Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, forgive the guilty, welcome the unwanted, care for the ill, love your enemies, and do unto others as you would have done unto you.” Steve Maraboli
12. “There would be no Christmas if there was no Easter.” Gordon B. Hinckley
This month we would like to highlight the 7th International Conference on Ageing and Spirituality. It will be hosted by Concordia University in Chicago, June 4 – 7, 2017. The conference theme is “Transition and Transcendence: Transforming Aging through Spirituality.” They will explore navigating the transitions of aging, how transcendence is experienced in times of change, and how the experience of aging and our understanding of it can be transformed.
Connect with them and help us spread the word! Visit their WEBSITE, “like” them on FACEBOOK, join them on TWITTER, sign up for their NEWSLETTER, and download their FLYER to share with your colleagues.